All 4 art Reviews

twins twins

Something is off in between the two... it looks to me as if they're sharing the same shirt, and there doesn't seem to be any depth difference between the left arm of the left girl and the shirt from the right girl. So either one could potentially be closer to the viewer than the other. It's just... odd when I look at it.

saeunmoon responds:

yeah the shading is what's off (mostly), though considering it's from 3 years ago I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out

Beatrice Portrait Painting Beatrice Portrait Painting

Congrats, you have lured me out of Art Portal lurking because Umineko.

This is great work, but on first glance the face seems sort of odd. Her right eye seems more closed than the left one.

One effect which I don't think you were trying for but came out kinda neat anyways is the black on the background - they sorta look like wings. Slightly moreso than the original, anyways.

Other than that, great stuff... it'll be an interesting wall hanging. Maybe you should hang the epitaph right under it :P

doublemaximus responds:

Yeah, I see what you mean about the eye and the almost wing looking background! Thanks for pointing that out and I'm glad that you like my piece!

Insomniac Insomniac

Nice. Can't really explain it, but the colors work well, and the piece simply works. Well done.

zephyo responds:

yeahh mean either. Thank you.

Hidden Angel Hidden Angel

Love it!

I keep coming back to this picture - I just love it. Perfect shading, wonderful design, and the background and foreground are both interesting without taking away from the subject of the picture.

In fact, the only thing not perfect about this submission is that the current score is under 4... it definitely deserves better.